An exciting new opportunity has arisen at Tewkesbury Rugby Football Club (TRFC). We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to oversee the Club’s daily operations and manage its business aspects. The primary duties of the post holder will include reviewing and implementing operational procedures, HR, staffing, finance, assisting section heads and ensuring the day-to-day smooth running of the Club alongside the Management Committee.
About Tewkesbury RFC:
TRFC are an accredited England RFU and Gloucestershire RFU club, and run a men’s 1st XV and 2nd XV teams, women’s team, and Walking Rugby for those players who still want to be part of the game! Our successful junior and Colt teams have over 180 boys and girls aged between 6 and 17/18.
Role Type Full-time,
Location The Moats, Gander Lane, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 5PG
- Overseeing the operations of the Club and implementing policies laid down by the Club.
- Implement strategies to maximize revenue through efficient pricing, cost control, and revenue-generating event/hire initiatives.
- Contribute to and oversee an innovative and creative sales and marketing plan.
- Motivating and leading a team of staff at all levels to achieve Club objectives.
- Ensuring the clubhouse, players’ facilities, pitches, grounds, and other facilities are always presented to the highest defined standards for members and visitors.
- Uphold the long running relationship with the local community.
- Strong track record of providing service excellence in a hospitality and/or sporting environment
- Proven commercial acumen with a record of raising business levels through membership, function and ticket sales
Skills & abilities
- A clear understanding of the issues affecting the sports club industry and solutions to the problems
- Demonstrate management and administrative skills with a well organised and efficient style
- Have competent IT skills with an understanding of sports specific membership and diary management.
- First class communication, leadership, motivation, and diplomacy skills.
- An appreciation of rugby and its traditions within a commercially focused environment
- A hands-on work ethic and a flexible approach to working hours and working weekends and evenings.
TRFC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening, including checks with the past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Salary: An attractive package commensurate with experience is on offer. There is no accommodation with the role.
To apply, candidates should send an email highlighting their motivation for the role and relevant experience with an up-to-date CV by 12.00 pm on 14 December 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org