GRFU Under 11 County Festival 13 March 2022 1
2022 County Festival
- • Venue: Tewkesbury Rugby Football Club, The Moats, Gander Lane, Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire GL20 5PG
- • Date: Sunday 13th March 2022
- • Gates open: 8:00am
- • Registration: 8:00 – 9:15am
- • Coaches & Referee Briefing: 9:15 – 09:45am
- • Matches Begin: 10:00am
- • End of Festival: 2:30pm approximately
Pitches and Pitch Manager
4 pitches will be located in Tewkesbury RFC grounds with 5 pitches in use at the Vineyards which is a 5-minute walk from the main club and accessed by the path that runs alongside the clubhouse and out through the back gate. Please note there are no toilet facilities at the Vineyards.
Teams are welcome to pitch gazebos but please make sure they are in a dead ball area away from playing areas and off pitches
A Pitch Manager will be allocated to each pitch (total 9) who will be responsible for liaising between each team and ensuring games run to time.
Entrance and Parking
- Admission will be by programme on sale at the gate. £2 per programme (cash only).
- There is limited on-site parking available, admittance will be by parking permit only.
- The club has two disabled parking spaces. If you require a disabled parking space this will need to be booked in advance by emailing email@example.com and will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
- Parking is available in Gander Lane in the pay and display car parks as well as St Marys Lane Car Park and Gloucester Road parking. Coaches must park at Gloucester Road Car Park which has coach parking. The Vineyards can be accessed across the Vineyards to the Club.
Changing Room Facilities
There is no access to changing rooms on the day other than to use the toilet facilities; it is advised that teams turn up in kit, as this will avoid any delays. Unfortunately, there are no shower facilities available.
Are situated in the clubhouse near the main entrance. Extra toilets are situated within the club changing rooms which can be accessed via the side entrance and which will be clearly marked.
A disabled toilet and baby changing facilities are available in the Clubhouse.
- • The games are full contact as per the laws of the game
- • All festival rules run in conjunction with the RFU Regulation 15 and Appendix 5 U11s Rules of Play. Please refer to the Half Game Regulations attachment.
- • Tackles above the armpit is considered high (and dangerous) and is not permitted under any circumstances.
- • No hand offs are allowed.
- • Kicking is permitted, but no fly hacking! (kicking a loose ball on the ground)
- • There are no conversions.
- • Quick restarts are not allowed. Players must wait for the referee.
- All teams will be divided into pools and will play on the allocated pitches. Details of pitch layout are included in the programme and will be at various points around the club.
- The game will be played between teams having a maximum of 9 players on the pitch. Squad sizes will consist of 14 players maximum.
- The scrum will consist of 3 players from each team, i.e., a prop on either side of the hooker. They will be the nearest 3 players from either side, with the fourth nearest acting as scrum half. All players should be encouraged to take part.
- Spectators and coaches are not permitted on the pitch whilst play is in progress, unless they are attending to an injured player.
- All teams to attend the correct pitch and be ready to play at least 5 minutes before the scheduled start.
- Spectators must stay off the pitches and are asked to spectate from the edge of full pitch to avoid wear across the pitches.
Every team are required to bring their own first aid with them. St John’s Ambulances Services will be in attendance in case of emergency.
Code of Conduct
Please be mindful of the GRFU Core Values which are in the Festival Programme priced £2.00
In the interests of hygiene and safety NO DOGS are permitted on any part of the club’s grounds. PLEASE MAKE PARENTS AWARE OF THIS RULE
Training Pitch Area
We would respectfully ask your players and their parents not to walk across our training pitch which is located next to the clubhouse. Important improvement work is being undertaken and therefore the area is off limits. The area is cordoned off and clearly signed.
Hot (tea, coffee and hot chocolate) and cold drinks will be available from 08:30.
Bacon or Sausage Baps will be available between 08:00 – 11.00am
Hot dogs/Burgers will be available between 11:00am – 2:30pm
Our clubhouse will be open serving a range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages through the bar. A “tuck” shop will also be available in the clubhouse.
Hot food will be available from soft drinks as well and tea and coffee
Refreshments and hot food will be available to purchase throughout the day from the catering areas within the grounds. The bar in the clubhouse will also be open.